Oct 25, 2009

Bad Karma


I am gob-smacked. Yesterday I went to buy a t-shirt on sale at a certain shop in the degraves street subway, and upon taking it to the counter the male clerk says it's the last one & the didn't want to sell it despite there being 3 more the same in other sizes on the rack and a girls top. Was I not 'art school' enough for him?

Well I could say he actually did me a favor because the t-shirt was quite boring, come to think of it.
I don't buy much anymore, but when I do I make sure it's a local designer or craftsperson to be supportive. I hope if this shop continues to be elitist, they don't last much longer.It's unfortunate for the other artists that sell there.

I'll stick to buying on Etsy and shops that like customers.


The day however quickly turned around with a wander in the spring sunshine visiting Craft Victoria, viewing some exhibitions for the Melbourne International Festival before it ended, stubbling across some more Miso pasters, and a nice afternoon tea at White Rabbit Record Bar in Kensington.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still shocked by that too - wtf!!! Will be keeping clear on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete